After the fabulous results with the Cauliflower Fried Rice, hubs and I wanted to try another cauliflower-based recipe.
We are trying to reduce the amount of starch we eat and increase our veggies, and if we find something that works with our picky eaters, we have to share!
So here it is – another cauliflower-based recipe, and a new family favourite – Cauliflower Crust Pizza.
1 large head cauliflower (grated)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
4 cloves garlic (sliced)
1 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
1/4 cup green bell peppers (sliced)
1/2 large onion (thinly sliced)
1/4 cup red bell peppers (sliced)
1/2 cup fresh pineapple (diced)
1/2 cup spinach leaves
1 grilled chicken breast, or meat of choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine egg, 1/2 the mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the grated cauliflower.
- Knead the mixture until a sticky dough forms (and holds together).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and flatten dough into circular shape on it. (Dough should be a little over 1/4″ thick.
- Bake until the edges of the crust are firm and golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Line another baking sheet with parchment paper and place upside down on top of your pizza crust.
- Invert the trays and remove the original parchment paper (which is now on top).
- Return to oven and bake until crust is golden brown and firm.
- Sautee the mushrooms, garlic, onion and bell peppers in 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil until firm but tender.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and drizzle with olive oil. (Feel free to substitute marinara sauce on your pizza if you prefer.)
- Top pizza with veggies and meat.
- Layer on the pineapple and spinach.
- Finally, top with mozzarella and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Return to oven until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Slice and serve!