8 Comments

1. Mandee
    August 20, 2010 @ 11:59 am

That was great! Brought tears to my eyes, but what a great message it sends! I may have to share this with my family and friends. :)
    Mandee recently posted..Pump It Up Goodie Bag Review

2. blueviolet
    August 18, 2010 @ 2:35 pm

Talk about spirit and perseverance. I love that!
    blueviolet recently posted..Why Did I Dump This Out – W-W

3. Meathead
    August 18, 2010 @ 2:01 pm

Wow. I haven’t seen that video. I’m bawling!
    Great message in the video AND in your post.
    I have first hand seen ‘parents’ give up. When you see it on a regular basis, you begin to wonder a million thoughts. But all you can do is re-focus on your own family. And you realize you can’t give up. Because it’s utterly impossible.
    Half the time I’m the son in the video, and the rest of the time Im the dad. A nice balance I think. :)
    Meathead recently posted..I Tried Finding Synonyms For Random But Nothing Was Appropriate

4. C.Mom
    August 18, 2010 @ 8:55 am

I got chills while watching this….and just in case you need a reminder, you are strong and wise…I know it, and so do your children. Infact, do you feel like coming to be mom to Principessa? :) xo
    C.Mom recently posted..The Summer of Me- an update on my summer vows

• Nicole
      August 18, 2010 @ 10:14 am

Awwww. Thx girl. You’re such a sweetie! I think your little Princess has an awesome mom herself…

5. Teresha@ Marlie and Me
    August 17, 2010 @ 3:35 pm

I’m a sucker for stories like this. Derek is a wonderful example of how to react to adversity. He didn’t give up even though he would have been justified. no one would have crticized him if he left on the stretcher, but he chose to finish what he started even with an injury. he refused to play the victim. I am inspired!
    Teresha@ Marlie and Me recently posted..Happy 1st Birthday Baby Girl

• Nicole
      August 18, 2010 @ 10:15 am

It gives me goosebumps thinking about it. If you put yourself in his place, I mean… wow. That is determination. So much HEART!

6. Tweets that mention The Derek Redmond Inspiration | When Did I Become My Mom -- Topsy.com
    August 17, 2010 @ 9:33 am

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Mom of Three, Mom of Three. Mom of Three said: WDIBMM The Derek Redmond Inspiration: Recently a friend posted a YouTube video link on Facebook that got a lot of … http://bit.ly/d0pGMr […]